Tip Of The Week

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Lit Trips/Google Earth Tours on Chromebooks



How to Convert a Google Earth Tour For Use On A Chromebook
I love my Samsung Chromebook! Sure, it does not have all the bells and whistles that my macbook does but it's light, durable, CHEAP and does almost everything I need it to do. However, I have always been frustrated that it is not possible to run Google Earth on the Chromebook. As a former geography teacher Google Earth gave my class access to the world. As Chromebooks continue to fill classrooms around the country it is important to know how you can convert tours and lit trips that have been created using Google Earth onto My Maps (formerly maps engine lite) which is accessible to Chromebooks. Google Lit Trips



Screen Shots from Google Earth


Screen Shots from MyMaps (maps engine)

No comments:

Post a Comment

posts